Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A visit from MN Representative Rick Hansen

MN Representative Rick Hansen came to our center on Wednesday, January 6th to discuss parent and staff concerns about the importance of early childhood education and quality child care.



See some comments that were made at the meeting below:
  • Rick: "You need to have a place to drop your children off that you feel safe & secure with!"

  • Parent 1: "My county funding was cut for my infant for a while and it was really hard for me to figure out what to do so I could go to work."

  • Parent 2: "My funding comes & goes all of the time and it is a big hassle to have to battle all of the time because I work and go to school."

  • Parent 3: "I was going through a hard time in my life and needed care for my children. Tiny Tots welcomed me, I don't know what I would've done without them."

  • Rick: "I will see if I can get someone to come out from the county to have a discussion with you about your questions and concerns."

Here is a list of Representatives for your district. Please contact your representative and ask them to invest in early child development. It only takes 3 phone calls on the same issue for it to be considered an epidemic.

*West Side/Rep. Carlos Mariani/651-296-9714
*West St. Paul/South St. Paul/Mendota Hts./Rep. Rick Hansen/651-296-6828
*Inver Grove Heights/Rep. Joe Atkins/651-296-4192
*Eagan/Rep. Sandra Masin/651-296-3533

No comments:

Post a Comment